Saturday, June 14, 2008

Beautiful Cookies





I baked these the same night I made the chocolate chip cookies.  I am making my dad a fish theme Father's Day cake, and I needed a fish cookie.  I found the smallest batch of sugar cookie recipe I could find, and wa-la in my trusty The Martha Stewart Cookbook is a half batch of sugar cookie recipe.

I started decorating them last night after my husband D called to say he was going out with the boys.  But he came home early since he wanted to go see You Don't Mess With The Zohan rather than play poker.  I had an hour to put things away and get something to eat fast, so I suggested we go to the sushi place across the street from our apartment.  I'd been there once and loved it and couldn't convince D to go before hand.  Once there though he was impressed.  I was so sad I didn't bring my camera, but D said we could come back soon to take pics!  So look for it in a future post.

Anyway... this is a picture of the fish I decorated.




But the real reason I wanted to make the cookies was to make these...





I had seen these cookies in Peggy Porschen's Romantic Cakes and have been searching for fancy butterfly cookie cutters.  



Well, I finally found a set at Sur La Table and here's the result.  I haven't tried the other styles, but I'll save those for next time.  

Until then, cheers!







No comments: