Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To New Beginnings

Hello Everyone,

This is my first blog ever and what better subject to start with other than my favorite ... FOOD!  It is my husband's idea since he thought it would be nice to share our experiences with food (including the good and the bad).  

My entire family is full of foodaholics.  My parents opened restaurants just to ensure that we can eat whatever and whenever we wanted.  My parents and in-laws are all excellent cooks.  I strive to be able to cook like anyone of them someday.  It's so hard to learn their techniques since none of them understand the concept of measurements.  It's always just a little bit of this and a little bit of that... Well, I try and my husband is my guinea pig.  :-P

I love all kinds of food and will try anything at least once.  Some of the strangest things I've tried include snake while in China for business and on my honeymoon in Taiwan, lobster pee (at least that's what they told me it was) mixed with a very strong local spirit.  It wasn't very tasty, but I felt pretty good afterwards.  

I also love to experiment with new recipes.  Some of my family's favorites include my clam chowder, steamed fish, roast turkey, and key lime pie.  All so simple to make... I promise to share photos and recipes the next time I make any of these.      

So until next time... Cheers, everyone!

P.S. I want to send my love to the newest foodaholic my baby nephew, Justin, who was born yesterday.  Welcome to the family, and I can't wait to share a meal with you.

No comments: