Monday, September 1, 2008

Richmond, BC's SPCA Cupcakes

Vanilla Cupcakes with Fresh Local Blueberries


My cousin Acme works at the local SPCA.  Her love for animals is limitless, so when she asked me to bake a few cupcakes to raise funds for the furry creatures, I couldn't say no.  


Double Chocolate Cupcakes


Well, I got a little overboard and ended up baking about 120 cupcakes.  I know just a little overboard.  :P  It was a labor of love, but I'm not complaining.  I loved every minute of it.  It was my opportunity to try different recipes and different piping techniques.  


Vanilla Kitty Cupcakes


I really had bigger plans, but my skills are still quite limited, and since these were for people outside of family, they might not be as forgiving.  So I kept it simple, and I think they came out pretty cute (for the most part).


Vanilla Doggie Cupcakes featuring "Foaming" Mouth Dog


Jess came over and helped me make the chocolate doggie and kitty theme candies.  I certainly wouldn't have been as patient as she was, I prefer cakes, cookies, and cupcakes.  She painstakingly colored in each layer of chocolate for the details.  She was a bit upset with the "foaming" mouth dog, but I thought it was cute.


SPCA Cupcakes


In the end, I don't know how much my cupcakes raised (I'm afraid to find out I spent more than the SPCA got).  But I had tons of fun and can't wait to do more cupcakes!  


SPCA Cupcakes



To help out an animal in need, please donate to your local SPCA or BC's SPCA.  Thanks!!

No comments: